Have Your Been Injured In A Motorcycle Accident?
Motorcycle accidents in the New York City and New Jersey area are a common and dangerous occurrence. Because of the densely populated area, which translates into very heavily populated roadways – especially during rush hour traffic – motorcyclists are at greater risk of accidents and injuries in the New York Metropolitan area. Add in the fact that motorcyclists have much less protection than a person driving a car, and the potential for serious injury is much greater.
For example, in a New York survey conducted from 2012 to 2014, the State of New York found that:
- 141 deaths resulted from motorcycle accidents
- Over 4,400 people were hospitalized as a result of motorcycle crashes
- About 1,500 people were sent to the hospital with injuries because of motorcycle accidents
- 197 motorcycle crashes occurred in New York City alone
In addition, other crash statistics focusing on motorcycle accidents indicate that:
- In recent years, about 167 people die each year from motorcycle accidents
- Motorcyclists between the ages of 20 and 25 are at higher risk of fatal accidents
- About 43% of all fatal motorcycle crashes involve drivers who are not properly licensed
- Speeding and alcohol use are two of the significant causes of motorcycle accidents
There may be multiple people responsible in a motorcycle accident. Our attorneys will aggressively investigate all potential responsible parties and pursue every avenue to maximize your recovery.
You must remember that insurance companies are NOT your friends – their sole interest is to settle quickly and get you to accept as little amount of money as possible. You should consult with an experienced attorney before settling any claims or signing any documents, releases, or waivers.
Please contact us today by calling 866-456-HUNT or fill out our online contact form and we will contact you immediately.
Some helpful safety tips while riding a motorcycle include the following:
- Wear a full-face motorcycle helmet – even if you are riding in a state or jurisdiction that does not require a helmet
- Obey all road traffic signals, traffic laws, and signs
- Pay close attention to the road and do not be distracted
- Monitor the weather and do not drive during snow, rain or sleet conditions
- Do not drink alcohol or use drugs prior to driving a motorcycle
- Do not speed
- Try to slow down when turning
- Try to avoid busy intersections and highways
- Use proper hand and motorcycle signals to alert others as to your intentions
- Do not weave in and out of traffic
- Wear the best protective gear, boots, and clothing available
- Keep up with routine maintenance on your motorcycle
Common causes of motorcycle accidents:
- Left turn accidents
- Failure to obey traffic signs
- Driving under the influence
- Unsafe lane changes
- Opening car doors
- Road hazards
- Distracted or reckless driving
- Highway construction
- Hit and run
If you or a loved one has sustained serious personal injury in a motorcycle accident, contact our law firm today. We offer personal injury representation on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you will not owe us any attorney fees unless we obtain a settlement or verdict in your favor.
There is no cost to you. Please contact us today by calling 866-456-HUNT or fill out our online contact form and we will contact you immediately.